1. The Definition
· The H.265 standard, also informally known as High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), is designed to provide high-quality streaming video, even on low-bandwidth networks.
· The new video format (H.265) will bring 4k video to future broadband networks, while also making streaming HD video available on bandwidth-constrained mobile networks.
2. The Difference
Through improved compression techniques, H.265 will enable 1080p video with about half as many bits as required today which will make true streaming HD video available everywhere..
· 2x more effective than H.264
· Resolution up to 7680 × 4320
· 50% bitrate reduction - same quality as H.264 but smaller file sizes
· Allows 8K video (7689x4320) at 33.2 megapixels all the way up to 120 frames per second
3. The Benefits
· For mobile users H.265 means using less bandwidth and computing power to watch videos.
· For cable and content providers, it potentially means providing more content using their existing infrastructure.
· And for consumers it means seeing no degradation in picture quality. Same quality, half the bandwidth, and half the data usage. Users can now stream even more video. Get streaming!
If you have questions or comments, email me.
General Manager - Digital Media | Telx
firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @kenkajikawa